Subject: [Leica] Doisneau, Riboud, Boubat, Ronis
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:57:30 -0400

In general, observations like this have to be framed as occurring in
the mind of the viewer, not the artist/photographer. We can never know
for certain what goes on in the mind of another person, even if he
tells us... these things are too subject to change. An artist can
offer contextual and/or biographical information, but in the long run
it's only part of what the viewer must consider to arrive at an
interpretation. What we can know is whether or not we think of an
image as an imitation, shows similarities, etc... and go from there.