Subject: [Leica] PESO: No American
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:10:28 -0400

I take it you're not a fan.
Ah well...

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+jshulman=judgecrater.com at leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+jshulman=judgecrater.com at leica-users.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Rabiner
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 5:07 PM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] PESO: No American

"As of 2011, about 5.5 billion out of the approximate 6.92 billion people
on Earth do not speak English as either a first language or a second
language.
"So to those people this image is meaningless.
Which is why my high school photography teacher did not accept those kinds
of pictures; refereeing to them as "bumper stickers". Nor did my college
photography teachers.
A picture is worth thousand words but if its a "picture" of  three words
its worth three words. And only to those people who read that language.

I'd call this picture an extremely poorly executed text orientated sight
gag which basically thumbs its nose at anybody who gives a rats ass about
photography.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/