Subject: [Leica] The world is awash with M9.......
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 03:33:34 +0000

The 35mm Summilux went from pre-asph to asph (via aspherical) many years
before digital M was available. I guess the age of the design meant it was
due for an overhaul...

john

And both gone the way of the Tasmanian Tiger. Not sure why  the Summicron
left the catalog but the summilux they had to redo and up the price 50% so
it would be fully compatible with shooting to a sensor. I'm pretty sure is
how the story goes.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The world is awash with M9.......)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The world is awash with M9.......)