Subject: [Leica] So much for the Zeiss customer service....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 07:47:26 -0700

This is a problem with buying used through mail order... you never get to
see the stuff before it is received....  You will get some stuff that is
just "off".
It is offset  part of saving $$$ by buying used.

Find someone to take it apart and try to fix it ( I would guess there is
something adjustable inside) or
Sell it off and buy another.  Or
Ram it up their customer service

BTW, I too would be frustrated by the response from customer service.....

And worse yet, the stuff about "confidential conversation"....  what a way
to try to cover up bad customer service.....  I would pay no attention to
it... and tell the truth.. what, they are going to sue you for telling the
world they were jerks?   By doing so, they compound the problem, big time.

Give em Hell..... the Internet has gone a long way to fix problems like
this.....  bad publicity is bad for business....

Intel processors that can not add correctly, M8 cameras which can not
properly replicate certain black fabrics, lots more issues get fixed when
you ram it home....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

So I emailed the Zeiss support about the obvious tilt on my 25mm viewfinder
*http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20120412-L1010049.jpg

Anyway, the Zeiss support basically says, "too bad, the Zeiss VF is not
designed to be used with the M9. The VF is not defective, it sucks to be
you." (not direct quote because I am not suppose to copy and paste
"confidential conversation."

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] So much for the Zeiss customer service....)