Subject: [Leica] Field Repairs.... Finder
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 16:36:12 -0700

Al this talk of finders got me looking at my 21-24-28 finder for my M8.  The
round one from Leica, that says on the bottom.. Made in Japan.

The finder shoe was loose from the body of the finder..Not a good thing,

I got out my trusty WIHA Phillips head screwdriver bits ( a big $17
investment some 2 years ago) and started taking the thing apart.  2 screws
removes the foot for the hot shoe..  But then nothing.

I figured there must be a screw or 2 hiding someplace, and found 3 holes
under the shoe.  You can not see in there, but you can take a screwdriver
and feel around.  I found 2 phillips head screws ( tightened both) and the
third hole seems empty . wonder what it is for?....

Put it all back together, and I am good for another few years...

My brand of "good" customer service. fix it yourself, if you can..

Frank Filippone

Red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Field Repairs.... Finder)