Subject: [Leica] Sorry, more OT: Portra 800?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 03:51:54 -0400

400 Overkill by a mile in medium format as it almost is in 35mm.
Try the Portra 800 stuff its grainless till you blow it up as big as your
house.

For every penny they spent of the past several decades on B&W or
transparency development they spent a hundred bucks on color neg - C41.
Its really amazing stuff.
Think of 400 as your high rez spread. Or think of 400 as your 100.
Its really moved up a whole full notch.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/