Subject: [Leica] The world is awash with M9.......
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:17:27 -0400

Or they tripped on a crack in the sidewalk and their widow has put the
camera up for sale to help pay for flowers for the funeral.  The M9 has been
sold for 2 Years  & 7 Month's. Buy now its being sold on the used market as
well as the new.
That fact that we now see them on the used market at prices lower than new
says nothing about its relationship to the inevitable late breaking DSLR'S
always coming out. It only means one thing.
It means the camera has been out for 2 Years  & 7 Month's.

The camera is being sold for the same smart through inane reasons it was
bought for in the first place.
No doubt as being seen here plenty of well healed people bought it because
it was a cool prestige item to have at the time and at this point are ready
to turn it over for whatever new and cool item is out there.  Photo gear or
otherwise.
Regardless its 5 grand in your Play Pal account to play on the eBay with.
For people who have owned the camera for two years with little to show for
it that may be too much fun to pass over.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/