Subject: [Leica] Lluis Ripoll
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:24:29 +1000

Hi Leon. Lluis is a fixture on the LUG and a long term very frequent
contributor of photos of course. He's also on the travel list of any of us
fortunate to get to Barcelona at some stage and there is a tradition of LUG
reports of get-togethers in that very photogenic and inspiring city.
I was lucky to meet him there in 2007 and we've shared a friendship ever
since.

 I'll be back  there in early July in fact. Nathan from Alicante is likely
to be around for the same get together too and possibly Philippe from the
north of France. Meeting like minded LUG photographers and sharing a
coffee, meal or beer like that is one of the great positives from being a
LUG member.

You could never meet a nicer person (there are many in this group of
course). He is a real gentleman too as well as dedicated and enthusiastic
photographer. Walking with Lluis on the street or sitting at a cafe you see
that he is insightful, quick and unobtrusive with his camera and should the
subject notice him he invariably has a friendly smile and keeps going. In
short a talented and successful street photographer that shoots a LOT and
has practised his craft for a long time.  It doesn't hurt that he lives in
a splendid city that cannot fail to inspire and motivate!

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman