Subject: [Leica] 60mm Macro on Fuji X Pro 1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:31:44 -0400

Coincidently I shot from the mid 1970's to late 90s Nikons, Hasselblads, and
Leicas often all three the same day.
And sometimes I'd take a hike through Portland with A Rollei 35 on my belt
pouch. Or Olympus XA Clamshell. But both those cameras were 24x36 format on
35mm film so you could easily justify it as you could still blow up a  print
the size of  your wall. And in the instance of the Rollei 35 it came with a
Zeiss Lens.
I think we fool ourselves when we think we can do that digitally.
Because a compact pocket digital camera does not come yet with a full frame
sensor.  And because of that they are resoundingly a STEP DOWN. It comes
with in many cases much smaller format sensors. And that makes for every
time you click your shutter you're not getting the shot you're getting a
half assed shot. I'd just find that very frustrating.
I'd be scared to death I'd get something really good.
Then be stuck with an image with limited use.
The list of useable cameras for stock for instance.

--
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/