Subject: [Leica] NEX-7 vs. M9 comparison
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:54:25 -0700

Since Howard was surprised, clearly it means that whichever is the BETTER
picture is the NEX-7 :-)

However, you don't get the Leica M9 for the upmost image quality.
Otherwise, the D800 will own the entire market segment and then some (wait,
it may still do that).

You get the Leica M9 for the white leather, the scratch proof sapphire
glass and that you can shoot at F1.0 in the hot desert Death Valley Sun!

Wait, that's not quite right either. You shoot with the Leica M9 because of
the exquisite Leica unobtainium lens, the legendary 75mm "As reviewed by
Steve Huff" Summilux and the world renowned 50mm "I'll give up my left
ballicle before I sell mine" Nocitlux etc.

That didn't come up too right either.

You shoot with the Leica M9 because it's the best digital equivalence of a
Leica M7. If you like Leica M7 and want the digital experience, there's
nothing better, ultimate image quality notwithstanding. The M9 IQ is good
enough for most mortals.