Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:04:10 -0400

I printed 40 x 80 from 35mm negs twice.
I went through three ten sheet boxes of the stuff.
Most of it was medium format film some black and white but run through the
Kreonite processor. But some of it was 35mm and not all of it slow film.
And it held together farily well. As long as it was not right next to a
print done with the medium format neg.
To get that size from a digital capture I guess we're talking medium format.
But a normal full frame capture from a Canon or Nikon full frame digital can
get quite large I'd think 16x20 inch no problem. And the high rez versions
of these sensors in bodes I'd think 20x24.
So I don't think digital is cramping our style.
Minor white said any print bigger than 16x20 was not archival becuae the
museums were not equipped to store them properly. I think most people think
of it as your classic serious print size with 20 x 24 much more rare. And
bigger than that is almost tacky.

--
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/