Subject: [Leica] S2 vs. 645D sensor
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:40:32 -0400

Reads like you're saying that to achieve higher ISO's you'd need CMOS.
If that's true than great.
I do think that the combined knowledge of everyone on the lug knows about
sensor design and research is what the people who learn this stuff in school
learn in the first week of school.

I'm not underestimating the level or intensity of the R&D which is going on
in the sensor field now. Because there's money in it. Its a huge item in
today's consumer world. And its digital. Which means "maybe in ten  years"
then its the day after tomorrow. That's the rule.
Its just not going to happen tomorrow.
The day AFTER tomorrow.
I can wait that long. Gives me time to fill my piggy bank.

In five years I predict will be for sure getting full frame quality with 1.5
sized sensors and those sized sensors will not go away.

And I predict medium format will continue to develop exp0ditiously.
That's not a spelling error. It a custom word hand crafted to fit the
situation.

Its how when you see how expeditiously thing have gotten when you go to the
Expo.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/