Subject: [Leica] Arboreal Acrobatics
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:48:12 -0500 (CDT)

Very nice set Jayanand.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jayanand Govindaraj" <jayanand at gmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>, "PSM" <psm1857 at
googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Sajeeve" <sajeevethomas at yahoo.com>, "Anu Sachdeva" <anuclu at
hotmail.com>, "Meghna Wadekar" <anammeg at gmail.com>, "Aditya Singh"
<dickysingh at gmail.com>, "Amrish Wadekar" <amrishwad at googlemail.com>,
"Arjun Gupta" <arjungupta at clientassociates.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:07:18 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

I have just returned from a magical trip to the parks of Northern
Tanzania - Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ndutu, Serengeti and Ngorongoro.
There were many highlights, but for me, one of the best was spending
over 1.5 hours in broad daylight with a leopard and her two full grown
male cubs towards the end of the trip in Serengeti. Serengeti has some
of the most restrictive viewing conditions of any Wildlife Refuge that
I have been in (no off roading, very few roads, huge area, etc), but
despite this it rained leopards there. We spent two sessions with this
trio, one long and one short, this series is from the first long one,
as they gamboled friskily on trees. This is a series where one of the
male cubs suddenly popped up above its mother, leapt to a lower
branch, literally bounced once and was gone! I probably should have
reduced the sequence further, but what the heck, I liked all the
shots!

Look:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120309_09048.jpg.html

Take Off:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120309_09049.jpg.html

Landing:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120309_09050.jpg.html

Balance:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120309_09051.jpg.html

Bounce:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120309_09052.jpg.html

Gone:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120309_09055.jpg.html

Please see large.

Comments and criticism, as usual, most welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand