Subject: [Leica] Photosmith... Leica Comments.....
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (Piers Hemy)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:22:58 -0000

I claim neither expertise nor inside knowledge, but that sounds to me like
dissembling. I guess that Apple raw handling cannot read Leica raw data at
all, and can only pick up the JPG thumbnail encapsulated in the DNG if only
a DNG is available. But if DNG with JPG is available, then the full
resolution of the JPG can be used independently of the Apple raw handling.
And as for "combining both files together":
1) baloney and
2) pleonasm.

Piers