Subject: [Leica] LR speed w SSD/7200 drive.
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 22:21:56 -0800

Yes. I replaced the startup drive with a 256Gb SSD and put a 750Gb 7200
drive in the optical bay. Previously I had a 500Gb 7200 drive. Besides a
HUGE difference in startup times, most operations are now faster.
Unfortunately, importing isn't. I use a Express Drive 34 SD and CF card
readers and 800 firewire drives for picture storage. When working in LR, the
slowest part is still reading the data from the picture storage drive for
high res display, but everything is definitely sped up.

Henning