Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Song
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 17:21:04 -0500

Hi, Luis -

Thanks!  Yes, I have used PEC to clean really dirty negatives.  It works
pretty well.  I used to order it by the quart from B&H but I think now they
have problems shipping it as a volatile chemical.  Most of my negatives
have been stored in plastic sleeves in hanging files and have stayed clean.
 The oldest ones from Iran that I used to store in pages in notebooks are
the ones that need the most cleaning.  PEC and the special pads do the best
job of cleaning.  Be sure to blow any loose dirt off first so you don't
scratch the film as you clean it.

Good luck!

Tina