Subject: [Leica] an interesting comparison of S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:43:12 -0500

I think the image making you do with an S2 and lens now is going to be more
then viable for the rest of the millennium and then some as long as people
are seeing with biological eyes at two dimensional objects. Those prints are
just not going to melt right off the wall into a puddle on the floor when
the S3 comes out. And anything you see from it on the internet is overkill
by a handfull of decimal points.
No I think an investment in an S2 is a sound one.
If one invested in a modular system digital camera replacing the back is not
that different money way than getting an S3. I'm willing to bet.
An S2 is not all about having the "latest best". To imply that is certainly
a slight to both the people who built the camera as the people who  use
them.
They are a professional tool. They are not amateur eBay fodder.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/