Subject: [Leica] Leap Day and the Design of a Photograph
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 15:17:39 -0700

Richard man wrote:
>Leap!
>
>and Design Elements
>
>http://www.richardmanphoto.com/blog/?p=3438

The picture made me smile, mainly because of the HCB reference.  I like
your thoughts about design in composition and agree for the most part with
the direction you're taking, but for me the diagonals weren't very
instrumental in making this picture work.  That may be because it was
"content loaded" for anyone familiar with HCB -- once you get the joke you
stop paying attention to the visual elements.  Also, your design
(composition) has a lot of loose ends and doesn't entirely cohere.  That
doesn't mean "bad" necessarily, just something to think about.  But I do
think you're on to something worth exploring.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leap Day and the Design of a Photograph)