Subject: [Leica] Leap Day and the design of a photograph
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 00:11:57 -0700

Richard Man wrote:
>Well, that's my first attempt to think seriously about the design elements,
>so don't expect to get a masterpiece :-)

Maybe not a masterpiece, but I still liked the exercise.  I actually saw
things in the composition I would have missed without your diagram, and saw
some other relationships as well, like the triple occurrence of the grid
pattern reflected in the puddle.  Maybe in this particular picture the
design elements got a little lost in the shuffle given the content, but I
still like where you're going with this and I'd like to see more if you
keep at it.  You've given me some ideas too, so thanks!

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE