Subject: [Leica] Advise or impressions on panoramic cameras / photography?
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:02:26 -0500

On Feb 28, 2012 at 08:44 AM -0800, John Beal wrote:
>Long time lurker that finally has a question for the group...has anyone
>here had any experience with panoramic photography and what advise would
>you share?

I've enjoyed my Xpan.  I did have it up for sale but decided to keep it.
The reason I thought about selling it was because I was taking my Leica
out instead of my Xpan - I like to carry a very small kit.  However, I
do have fun shooting the Xpan and just need to take it along in the
future.

If all you ever do is shoot landscapes, by all means, just stitch.  If
you shoot anything dynamic, a real pano camera is a big plus.  Scanning
film isn't that bad.  If you really don't feel like dealing with it,
send it to Precision Camera in Austin.  $12/roll for developing and
12000 x 4000 scans.

The Widelux looks real fun.  An Xpan with the 45mm lens goes for around
$1500 and is pretty amazing.  Compared to Leica prices, that's a steal.
I haven't felt the need at all for the 30mm lens for the system.

Replies: Reply from johnbeal2 at gmail.com (John Beal) ([Leica] Advise or impressions on panoramic cameras / photography?)