Subject: [Leica] Kodak to support film.
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:25:23 -0500

On Feb 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM -0800, Richard Man wrote:
>On hindsight, it's almost like they should have done that 10 years ago -
>they never knew how best to handle digital anyway and they should have just
>spun out a digital company 10 years ago and keep downsizing to suit the
>film market. I guess this is what they are doing, but just haphazardly.

But this is NOT what successful companies do.  Take your firm with
worldwide presence and tens of thousands of employees and turn it into a
niche company much smaller in scope and size (and profits).  Downsizing
is losing, isn't it?  You only do it when you have no prospects for
growth.

I'm not saying that this isn't where Kodak will end up, and if they do,
it will probably be the best outcome for us film users.

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Kodak to support film.)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Kodak to support film.)