Subject: [Leica] The final gasp of MF film?
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:33:25 -0800

Mark,

> I would never sell my Rolleiflex. Its an old friend. Someday I'll be in a
> full circle mode and start with it and scanning again.

I'm totally with you there.  Actually, the Rolleiflex GX is probably
what I'd go back to before the SL66.  The TLR and that 2.8 Planar made
a tremendous and lightweight photographic tool.

I don't think I've read all the multi-scanning/exposure posts, but I'd
note that with my Sunburst it was a bracketed dual exposure.

That said, even when shooting the M9, the noise reducing capabilities
of multi-exposures, at the same exposure, have not been very well
described or taken advantage of.  However, in my "dual focus"
shooting, I'm starting to take 3 exposures at the same exposure
settings.  The first is for the close focus.  The second and third (if
there might be a noise problem) are at infinity and fired off in quick
succession without the eye taken from the camera.  It may not be as
effective as a plus and minus, HDR-type of bracketing, but the entire
shot is fast, easy to align hand held, and the shadow noise in the
infinty frame is about cut in half.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist) ([Leica] FS Leica Bits)