Subject: [Leica] The final gasp of MF film?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:35:02 +0000

Looking on screen at 1:1 pixels I can see a difference (not as sharp, no
pixelation) but posting a 1200 pixel (long side) jpeg I couldn't. Little
point putting a 10"x8" on the web as will look little different to an iPhone
shot ;-)

I will be putting some scans online soon, will post a (non Leica) link
here......

john

I wonder how much of this needs to be wistful speculative theoretical
conversation and not more normal LUG show and tell? Why are we not LOOKING
AT IT?
I can tell you that in general every time I see on the LUG a scan and not a
capture the quality of image making goes WAY DOWN.
This may be a bit of an anomaly as to the level of skill in scanning here is
lower than what seems to be a more normal day to day possessing of captures.
Nobody is scanning every day here. Or every week. Without it set to "auto".

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The final gasp of MF film?)