Subject: [Leica] Nocti/0.95 is so 2009. How about a 2 LBS T0.95?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 19:34:45 -0500

Unfortunately that's how I've seen many people think about the Noctilux,
Bob. As an investment. Which of course is not all bad.
But as I've said in the case of this lens in particular partly because of
its price point and special purpose its often owned for a year or two then
sold when there are some bills to pay.  With a snide comment as to its not
the lens they thought it was going to be.
Not your category Bob!
What excites me about my Noctilux is when I'm going to get the chance to
make more images with it again. Not the price I'd get for it.
I know what it can do. And I know what its like to use it.

And part of my self image is I cant be poor as I a have a Noctilux.
I could be on the bread line but I'd be on the bread line with a Noctilux
waiting for me at home. They don't eat much.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/