Subject: [Leica] Pano stitch test: Sunset light
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 13:41:41 -0500

Not to sound silly but I kept looking back and forth trying to figure out
how into the corner you were talking about. Looking for matching blades of
grass patterns. Could not find them.
because if one is talking about the very corner what difference would it
make? Even in the days when we printed full  frame black borders with an
enlarger it was hardly an issue.
I'd also like clarified one of these days this concept which comes out: "
(relatively symmetrical) ".
Can one lens really be less symmetrical than an other?
Because part of me thinks a lens is either retrofocus or its not.
Visa versa symmetrical or not.
And if there is a blurring of those two widely differing optical concepts in
one lens I'd live to have this shown and explained to me with the little cut
way chart of the lens with its optical groups showing.
I've heard this expressed countless times on the lists: "relatively
symmetrical" and as of late I've just started to think it may one of many
internet photo chat list myths.

When is a Biogon not an Biogon? Can it be ALMOST a Biogon?
Inquiring Rabs' want to  know.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/