Subject: [Leica] 2 BOOKS.. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 20:04:17 -0800

This day by post I received two books by LUG members I recently ordered and
I am in awe!

Steve Barbour...... "but for the Grace of God...."

Luis Ripoll.... "Perpignan pour l'Image "

I am a book collector, well of photography books some that date back to the
early 1900's. And I have several other LUG books, all our year productions
and by individuals!  The books by LUG members quite often contain images
we've seen on the screen over a period of months.

However? In a book, you hold in your hands? Compared to once again looking
at the screen for the umpteen hundredth time that day? There is no
comparison! Here in book form you see details you miss on the screen, the
impact is far more meaningful! The eye of the photographer is far more
appreciated on the page than the everyday screen thing! Yes the screen
images look nice and quite often amazing.

But just hold a real book in your hands and quietly study the captured
moments is far more meaningful! Revealing and captivating.

Both of these photographers see similarly in their subject captured moments!
But their subjects are so different is what makes them such powerful and
emotionally meaningful books!  And intimate photographers of the captured
moment.

Oh lot's of people get off gurgling over the so called "Long gone hero's" of
everyday photography. The truth is? They were here 60 or more years ago in a
much simpler world than today. But there are some today who pass them like a
flash of lightening in the hustle bustle of every today life!

These two books will join the ranks of the greats of the past simply because
they deserve to be in that position. They illustrate the art of observation
of human kind. And the intimate emotional moments rarely seen by so many of
today's image making people with their electronic capturing instruments.

To Steve and Lluis my most heartfelt congratulations' on such wonderful
heart warming book productions! They are not a onetime look and leave! These
books command not just looking, they demand looking at again and again as
they become more fascinating each time you turn the pages without the click
of a mouse!

Both deserve to be on your home book shelves to look at every once and a
while!!

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] 2 BOOKS.. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!)