Subject: [Leica] Photographic Freedom
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:09:27 -0800

On Feb 2, 2012, at 7:54 AM, George Lottermoser wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2012, at 6:38 PM, scleroplex wrote:
>
>> to reiterate briefly, assuming good faith intentions behind the policies,
>> rules and statements of those in power shall lead to bad outcomes.
>
> Bharani,
>
> Thank you for your vigilance
> and bearing witness on behalf of all mankind.
>
> I agree that photo and video restrictions in public spaces
> (the prevention of bearing witness)
> do not qualify as "trivial."

ultimately, I think,  true courage is facing big challenges, often in a
small way and doing the right thing...when enough people do that we can,
through mass action, prevent catastrophe big and small.
Not trivial, and a good case has been made for why.
I agree with you and George.... It is often through courageous small steps
we can speak up forcefully against major injustice.

Steve