Subject: [Leica] Epson R2880, not getting glossy paper option
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 03:50:41 -0500

You probably have the matte black ink installed. This printer has a light
light black and light black that are the same for all papers, and then the
regular black which you have to choose from two types: matte black or
Photo Black. The matte ink can only be used on matte papers. The Photo
Black is made for glossy and semigloss papers. It can be used on matte
paper, but gives weak blacks, hence the special black ink for matte paper.

If you have the matte ink installed, you only get options for matte
papers. Take out the matte black and put in a Photo Black cartridge. This
is not something you want to change back and forth from often, it wastes a
TON of ink because ink has to be forced through the system to clear out
the old ink. It happens automatically when you change the cartridge, and
because Epson wants to screw us as hard as possible, it wastes identical
amounts of the colored and lighter black inks, even though they do NOT
need to have their lines and nozzles cleared.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook