Subject: [Leica] 50 ASPH 'lux AND Nocti users...
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:22:59 -0800

I have both and probably the ratio is 2/1  Summilux/Noctilux.

The Summilux never disappoints, but the Noctilux often adds something (a
variety of aberrations, to be exact) that make a picture more interesting.
And sometimes, f/1 dof is more interesting than f/1.4 dof. BTW, the Nokton
f/1.1 rendering rather disappoints me; it's too much like that of the f/1.5.
It certainly is no Noctilux. In fact, as a gross comparison, the 50/1.1 is
to the Noctilux f/1 like the Nokton f/1.5 is to the pre-asph Summilux 50.
That's not exactly true, of course but in terms of rendering it comes close.

Henning