Subject: [Leica] Help with Nocti
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:11:16 -0500

Most shooters when they think of tricky low light situations think not of
50's but of wides. That's the problem in my view of the Noctilux. A 50 on an
M is like shooting a tele lens.
A wide gives you lower shutter speeds and a more forgiving angle of view and
your not going to as often miss your focus.

If I had most of the current Leica Lineup to choose from to go out and try
to get an important shot at night and in low light indoors the first lens
I'd grab to put on the camera as I walked out the door would be the
Summilux-M 24 mm f/1.4 ASPH.
 I'd have that on the camera.
And that's the description for most of my shooting anyway. Night. Indoors.
Not spending a whole lot of time on the beach as of late.
Maybe if I was feeling conservative and the shoot looked easy I'd put on the
Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH.
And put the 24 in a side bag. With maybe the Noctilux.
And I'd have a really cute  and smart assistant carry the camera bag and
take notes.
And in this  impossible ideal dream world THAT Noctilux would be the .95!
Or already mounted on my other M9 or M10.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/