Subject: [Leica] Help with Nocti
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:08:11 -0500

One expects to see a portfolio in which the work revolves around 2 to 3 foot
macro shots.  Is there a URL?
The issue to me is not why one SELLS a Noctilux because it won't focus to .7
of a meter but why one BOUGHT one in the first place.
I should think the portfolio of a Noctilux user would revolve around a whole
lot of low light shooting.
Low light and close both?  Not that's a bit original!
I'm not sure how many low light shooters are also close in shooters. It
seems to me the ultra low light macro field remains wide open.
You are not using a  75 Summilux to shoot what? Where?
I don't see how a short tele replaces a normal focal lengh lens
Id have thought a normal would replace a normal.

A normal which can feel wide when it needs to or tele with some inspired
use. A 75mm lens is never going to feel wide. And I'd hate be the only lens
on my camera.. If my main lens was not a normal it would be a wide.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/