Subject: [Leica] Help with Nocti
From: leowesson at gmail.com (Leowesson)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:57:17 -0600

Hi Robert,

That's the one I have.   It's an interesting lens to use, you will love it
or you will hate it!

My observations:

The focus throw is very long so it's pretty much possible to follow focus a
moving subject.  The closest focus point of lens isn't very close so you do
back up a lot, that being said I don't really like that much lack of dof
that close.  You have to play with the visual feel of that much softness, it
is an acquired taste.

I haven't had my lens calibrated for digital and focusing it is pretty much
a focus bracketing affair.

If you have an M8 and are planning to shoot color with it you might be
disappointed with the lens.  I think the IR filter ruins the non flaring
quality of the optics.

Leo Wesson
www.leowesson.com