Subject: [Leica] Vedr: Leica Elmarit 135 mm, f/2.8
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:49:39 -0700

Brittle was not meant to be offensive, thug I can see how it could be taken
that way, my bad. Would you have been happy with the word "razor"?

I have multiple 135 lenses: Elmarit, Elmar and Hektor, and, each shines in
different applications. I was using the 135/2.8-M wide open just today on
the M8. Makes for a great, but not "brittle" sharp, 180ish mm. Very useable
with the goggles though I think I should have used a monopod as I was
shooting at 1/30 even with the ISO bumped to 2500.

Oh well, my point in the post was that he might be quite happy with a
1350/2.8 as long as he is not looking for that modern Leica Asph look --
which most certainly an Elmarit will not deliver.

I presently have several Asph lenses and have owned a sampling from 21
thought to 90. I have been simply delighted with them all except the 21
which was a little too soft in the corners wide open. I traded it on a 24
and the corners are better and I use my Ted Grant approved sneakers to back
up a single step to a get what I want.

Cheers,

John

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Vedr: Leica Elmarit 135 mm, f/2.8)