Subject: [Leica] A Bruce Gilden moment
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:47:26 -0800

Nathan Wajsman OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] A Bruce Gilden moment

>I have no idea who Bruce Gilden is, but the guy you describe sounds like an
>asshole. I would not dream of firing a flash at anybody at 1-ft.
>distance.<<<<<

Hi Nathan,
Regardless of what has been said about his photojournalistic ways and HIS
obvious lack of gentleman manners? While face flashing people. A quite
possible manner of triggering an elderly person to a heart attack and death!

I watched some kind of documentary on the idiot one evening and I've never
seen any one using a camera in this flash in your face attack manner in all
my years. My first re-action after watching him doing it to various people
regardless of age and carrying out his nefarious attacks in New York.  I was
quite surprised nobody hadn't shot him yet! After all in New York one would
think he'd be fair game for a "flash back!" And 6' under by now!

I will quite honestly say and without a weapon, if he pulled this stupid
stunt on me I can assure you it would be his very last! His lights would be
so punched out they'd never come back on! And his camera would be firmly
inserted where he'd really need a flash cause the sun doesn't shine in that
part of the body!

He is an asshole without question regardless of how he's considered in
talents of whatever photo-art abilities he maybe considered... Gimicks or
not? He is a bloody disgrace to our profession whether he shoot's for MAGNUM
or not!

Just my Sunday afternoon response. Now a wee dram of Lagavulin to calm my
ragging nerves! :-)

cheers all,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] A Bruce Gilden moment)