Subject: [Leica] A Bruce Gilden moment
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:40:18 -0800

I'm sure everyone knows about Bruce and his getting up close and flash
people in the face technique. Supposedly most people don't even notice, but
it probably helps that Bruce is 6 foot tall or thereabout...

I was shooting in SF Chinatown today and at one point, I was changing film
and I noticed that an older woman was talking on the cell phone. I was just
thinking that she has an interesting face and wouldn't it be nice if...
"POP" a tallish Asian guy just walked up to within a foot of her, raised a
flash with his left hand, took a photo and then walked off.

A total Bruce Gilden moment and yes, indeed the old woman did not notice.

Still not something I would do though.

--

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] A Bruce Gilden moment)