Subject: [Leica] Agfapan 25 16x20
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 17:15:56 -0500

Yes I would have gone with Leica glass however I  don't really have a Leica
lens optimized for close up so I may have passed.
In 1994 I only had a couple of Leica lenses.
When I got my 90 Elmarit in '97 I'm sure I tested it out on them.
It possible may have been I did the project in the fist place becuae I'd
just got the 105 2.8 micro and wanted to see what it would do.
Shooting it with a heavy Gitzo and running Agfapan 25 in Rodinal 1:100 was
one way to find out. I shot most of them around f8 or f11. With a locked up
mirror. Shutter speed? I may have not paid very much attention to it as it
didn't make much difference.
Years later I did so some shots of the telephone poles with my 90 APO ASPH
which posted a few weeks ago as I've been shooting those for not just that
week for that project but for years. Decades.
Whenever I got any new lens for any camera system one of the first things id
shoot would be the telephone poles. But not always with the Gitzo sometimes
I'd just do it in direct sunlight or flash.
But I shot those poles as did many of my Portland friends in all kinds of
light and all kinds of glass. All kinds of film.
And I sure shot them when I first got my 120 f4 CFI  Makro Planar T* for my
Hasselblads.
I know I shot them in all kinds of light with my Digilux 1 Panasonic Leica
digital. Great fun.

Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/