Subject: [Leica] Nikon D4
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 14:00:47 +1030

The DIN standard is still part of the ISO standard for film, it's just
that it has become normal to cite the arithmetic number from the ASA
standard alone.  For instance it's ISO 100/21.

I don't have a copy of ISO 12232:2006 to be sure if this is the case
for digital ISO determination, but I do note that the ISO standard for
digital cameras is even more confusing than the film standard because
there are five different "standard" techniques for determining the
exposure index rating at each sensitivity setting provided by a
particular camera model.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_speed#Digital_camera_ISO_speed_and_exposure_index

Marty