Subject: [Leica] Non-Leica batteries
From: bruceslomovitz at comcast.net (bruceslomovitz at comcast.net)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 00:56:27 +0000 (UTC)

I don't mean to be elitist.? However I don't see why someone who has paid
thousands of dollars for a Leica digital camera would want to put that
investment at risk by buying a non-Leica battery.?

When I bought my M9 in 2010, I knew I would want and need extra batteries.?I
usually buy?extra batteries for all electronic gadgets which I
own,?especially cell phones.???I found an ad on eBay advertising genuine
Leica batteries.? I can't remember the name of the vendor.? However I do
remember that the savings (once shipping was calculated) were not great.?
When I got the batteries, they did appear to be genuine Leica batteries.? Up
until now, those batteries have been working quite well.?

Bruce S.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Non-Leica batteries)