Subject: [Leica] An epiphany and a terminal fall color.
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:18:21 -0800

I should take a photo of my gear, including gthe m9. It looks pretty beat
up. In fact, the nicest looking camera is probably the e3 with its
magnesium alloy body, no scratch or flaking paint at all.
On Jan 3, 2012 6:42 PM, <grduprey at mchsi.com> wrote:

> This is really late since I just made it back home from the holdays (and
am sick as a dog), but, My M8 seems to like water for the most part, it
survived a trip on the boat through Niagra Falls, and rain just does not
seem to bother it.  It also seems to love cold, down to -25F so far, as
that is all I can take. ;)  But it has went through several all night cold
soaks in the car down to -30F according to the local weatherman.

> Cheers,
> gene

experiences. This is one of the main reasons for me to choose the Pentax on
a particular outing--if I am expecting dry weather, and most of the
shooting during decent light, I take the Leica; if I expect rain and/or
awful light conditions, I take the Pentax. The Leica gives higher image
quality, no question, but not when when ISO 6400 is needed.

> Cheers,
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain
> http://www.frozenlight.eu
> http://www.greatpix.eu
> http://www.nathanfoto.com
>

> YNWA
>

> On Dec 18, 2011, at 6:40 PM, Herbert Kanner wrote:
>
> > I also worry about unexpected rain this time of year. Here is how I
will change my behavior at a minor cost in discomfort. When I don't
specifically expect to use the rig, just want to have it with me I will
take a case that I accidentally inherited which is where the Leica lives at
home(cat proof). It is 9.5 inches  high, 9.5 wide, and 5 deep. Has three
compartments as well as a thin front pocket for misc gee gaws such as spare
battery. OK. The camera with 35mm lens on it lives in one compartment, The
90mm lives in another, and a hood for the 35  lives in the third.

> >> I with Sonny and George here. What's the point of spending all this
> >> money on a good camera and then worry about cosmetic damage?
> >>
> >> I will admit that I have other cameras than the M8, and depending on
> >> the situation, I take the Fuji X100, or the M8, or the Pentax K5.
> >> The choice is certainly never driven by the relative cost of those
> >> outfits, rather by the type of shooting I expect to do.
> >>
> >> And I am an amateur.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Nathan
> >>
> >> Nathan Wajsman