Subject: [Leica] Data/image Backups.
From: pearceww at rmi.net (Warren & Linda Pearce)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:29:04 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

My 2 computers have 2 partitions on their hard drive. C: is for the
operating system and D: is for all data files. Having all my data on D:
makes doing data backups very easy.

As we know, hard drives always fail so I do my data backups on 3 different
hard drives that I connect to the computer typically every week or so. By
having multiple backup drives, I can be sure that a mother board failure
that is killing the backup drive/data will not destroy all my backups.

I have Windows XP and Windows 7 on my 2 computers. I use the Acronis program
to cloan my entire hard drive to another hard drive every month or so. The
Acronis cloaned drives will boot and run normally.

I wrote a batch file to do the data backups that does the backup easily and
quickly.

WWP