Subject: [Leica] Looking at buying an M8
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:29:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ted,
I observed the same over the time I watched the pros shooting F1. In the
early days the degree of technical competence needed to get sharp well
focused sports shots was much higher than today. But the stars pictures
still stood out over the others. David Winter shot with simple prism Nikon F
and F2s, used an incident meter and blew most of the others out of the water
with his shots.
Today the technical requirements are less, but the master technicians still
get the shots in the difficult conditions the others miss. Even with the
best kit it still comes down to being in the right place and pressing the
shutter at the right moment so still today the star's pictures still stand
out.
I know who's picture I seek out after each event!
Frank