Subject: [Leica] First Century commemorative Leica - 2013
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:50:51 +0000 (GMT)

I have twice bought "special edition" cameras to use.
The first was the share certificate one, I forget the name they used, which
was basically and M6 with a 35mm f1.4 Asph lens. When the novelty wore off I
got one for less than the cost of body and lens separately.
The second was the green M8.2. I have a weakness for green, whether clothes,
cars, binoculars or cameras! The green M8.2 has a 28mm f2.8 asph lens and a
rather splendid Billingham bag at not much more than the price of the
individual items and, because of my green weakness, worth every penny of the
difference to me.
I also bought one of the Jaguar 50th anniversary cameras, partly because the
covering and engraving are green... Partly since they only made 50, which
makes it one of the rarest Leicas ever. Maybe it will contribute to my
pension as I get older and inflation takes its toll. But maybe not.
Frank

>>> Cheers