Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: CL Jammed
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:41:03 +0100

I agree on the rewind release. But you could try the
following

Open up the camera, fold down the "flap" and try to
move the sprockets to the left of the take-up spool -
if they rotate a turn or so from left to right, you
should hear a click that resets an unfinished winding
and shutter-cocking process.

They should also move freely when the shutter is not
cocked and will rotate together with the take-up spool
when you move the white plastic base of the spool from
left to right with your thumb.

The spool and the sprocket should not move when the
shutter is correctly cocked. Could be that a tiny piece
of film is stuck between the teeth of the upper or
lower sprocket and is jamming it.

Hope it turns out to be something this simple

Cheers
Douglas

BTW: having a battery in it or not makes no difference
at all, the shutter is purely mechanical.