Subject: [Leica] OT: lens shutters suck
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:56:38 -0500

I struggled with x-rays for years.  It was impossible to travel with high
speed film unless you used lead-lined bags and/or asked for the film to be
passed around the x-ray machine.  Sometimes the airport people were
sympathetic.  Other times they were just plain stubborn and insisted on
putting all film through the x-rays, even though there were warnings on
high-speed film that it would be ruined by x-rays.  Heathrow and Moscow
were the worst.  I had all of my high-speed film ruined by x-rays in those
airports.  This is the main reason I haven't fought the switch to digital.

Tina