Subject: [Leica] Zeiss 15mm on M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:20:44 -0500

Also in the basic Adobe Camera Raw interface  you get with Lightroom or
Photoshop there are fringing settings when you first open up the file. You
can set up a lens and save one as a default so it applies them
automatically.
If I bought in this day and age a 5000 dollar lens I'd certainly make sure I
had adequate software to back it up. To not do so would be like in the old
days taking pictures with ultra high end gear costing well here a total of
twelve thousand dollars and bringing the film into the cheapest drugstore in
the cheesiest neighborhood to get cut rate snapshots back. The gear would
seem to deserve more.
Its like filling your Ferrari with the cheapest gas you can find.

--
Mark R.

> From: Frank Filippone <red735i at earthlink.net>
> Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:22:05 -0800
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Zeiss 15mm on M9
>
> Try this first.. as you have a M9, you can use the menus to set the type of
> lens on the camera....

Set the camera to Wide Angle TriElmar 16mm....

If
> that works for you, you can look into having the lens coded ( if that is
> possible?)
If the fringing is still not to your liking, coding the lens will
> not help further....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

-----Original