Subject: [Leica] Nikon 9000 repair WAS... More Occupy Photos
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 05:46:28 -0700

The original problem was simply a 50 cents on/off switch (if that) doesn't
stay down. They replaced the switch and the main CPU board (?why?) and now
it wouldn't take the input holder properly.

It's a great scanner though. The quality is unmatched maybe except by the
$5000-$10000 Flextight, but of course now they are selling for $3000+
because they are discontinued :-(

Depending on how much you shoot and how big you print, an Epson V500 etc.
with a glass holder should do OK. Do make sure to get a glass holder or
some type to hold the negatives flat.