Subject: [Leica] A Sobering Story from the Photo Expo
From: kkanno at users.symmetric.net (Ken)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 19:07:45 -0500 (CDT)

They might be able to sell more than $3 of film if they were ever clear
about what products were still available. I'm only certain a fuji film is
no longer available when I just don't see it at the store anymore. Nobody
at Fuji ever has any clue as to what's going on. So yeah, with how they
run things, it's amazing they can sell anything at all in the first place.

Yes, kodak discontinues films too, but they at least have a formal
annoucement and suggest a replacement.

If you go to fujifilm.com they don't even list black and white films at
all. Are they stupid? Yes, they really are.

Maybe they should be pushing their products intead of telling sob stories
to the public at a trade show. It's not professional and indicates some
serious problems with how they operate.

I kind of like neopan 400 and the 3000b instant films, so I have no issue
with the products themselves. I take photos at parties using a 1958 Crown
Graphic and high speed B&W 4x5 instant film from fuji. The "ooh and aah"
factor of this camera is pretty amazing and the production factor of
taking the photo and everybody crowding around to see it being peeled
apart simply doesn't happen with a digital camera, ever.