Subject: [Leica] IMG: Phx - PAW 40 - Le Pont des Morts - origin - Lluis
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:47:03 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks Lluis

I read it was the result of a Charter signed by the Bishop of Metz in 1222.
A deceased best dress was to be given to the hospital that had funded the
bridge as a support for its maintenance.

Also, those condemned to death/drown were simply thrown into the water from
there.

All way gloomier than the Monty Python's Bridge of Death I know.

The current bridge was redesigned in the mid 19th century.

Thanks again

Et vive Brassens!
Philippe

 Philippe,

Simply MAGNIFIQUE!

Any reason for the name "Le Ponts des Morts"?

Amiti?s
Lluis

El 27/10/2011, a las 22:50, philippe.amard escribi?: