Subject: [Leica] Canon 1D X -- the real marker to the end of the mega-pixel wars?
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:11:16 -0400

Alan,
I fully concur with your desire for a small digital SLR.  I also liked the
OM line and only left it (for the Contax Aria) because of the demise of the
Zuiko OM system. The Contax Aria was a good compact replacement (esp. with
the 2.8/45mm Tessar "pancake" lens) but then Kyocera abandoned camera
making.
It's a shame a lot of people using entry and midlevel digital SLRs today
don't even know about the bright and crips finders of the OM 1-4, Pentax
MX/ME or Leica R4-6 anymore, putting up with small "tunnel vision"
viewfinders or hard to see LCD screens.  On a recent trip to Europe I left
my Canon 60D and 15-85 zoom behind mostly because of its bulk. Even my 1959
Rolleiflex 3.5E felt more compact. -  The only half-way compact and somewhat
less cluttered digital SLRs with relatively compact lenses are being built
by Pentax right now.
Jan