Subject: [Leica] Our Fair City - Palo Alto
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 19:00:49 -0700

@Jim, thanks!

@Herbert

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Herbert Kanner <kanner at acm.org> wrote:

> Great to see those pictures. Never noticed the bookstore; is it on
> University Ave.?

Emerson between University and Hamilton. I didn't have a bike lock with me
(our Fair City isn't THAT safe to leave the bike outside unlocked...) I will
need to check it out more thoroughly next time.

> Is the Larry Page house on Bryant approaching Washington from the north? If
> so, it's just up the block from me; I'm on Washington near Emerson. I've
> been wondering whose mansion that is.

It's Bryant just a few blocks west/north of Oregon. Since I only ride my
bike on Bryant, not sure about the street names. Sorry. But it's way before
Embarcadero. I'm sure it will be a "statement house" when it is built.

> Tried several times to photograph that City Hall bottle art, but wasn't
> satisfied enough with the shots to post them on the LUG. Also, take a dim
> view of that "art".

Everything looks good on panoramic! (only kidding)

Our city definitely has a weird sense of art appreciation, but at least they
do care about arts, even if it's not something I would appreciate. (BTW, you
should get that man pushing an alien in stroller type of thing mural on...
Ramona? Just on the other side of University toward Litton, it goes with
your other mural pics and it needs to be in color :-) )

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// richard's personal photo blog: <http://www.richardmanphoto.com>